Watch It Burn




Belief, like fear or superstition or religion, is founded in fantasy. The end of belief is the end. Or Holden missing one as he or she fell over the cliff. . . even though he is supposed to be the catcher in the rye. You can't catch everything. Accepting the miss, acknowledging the loss - and then finding the heart to believe again in time is the journey. Sometimes it feels all uphill because when memories are beautiful they can pierce. The key is to focus on forgetting. Some are harder to forget than others. . .here's to Skylar Grey, who wrote the lyrics to the song Eminen and Rhianna rap. I always find myself back to music; there is so much comfort in finding lyrics that tell a story you can't yet find the words to describe.

The heart is less alone if someone else has felt this way.

". . . and we fell back into the same patterns, same routine. . . you're the same as me."

And so it goes, the ebb and flow, the tide pulls back again and I am as I always was.